Cleaning over the last few years has become, dare I say it, trendy! With the rise of influencers making cleaning trendy, there has been a rise in the sale of cleaning products and items related to cleaning. More of us are getting into betting cleaning habits, but have you found a cleaning routine to suit you?
Life is busy, trying to balance everything out can be hard work. There seems to be this pressure building on people to have a spotless home, lets face it though, this is not the reality for most people. It is all about finding the right balance for you.
So here are my tips I stick to when I’m setting a cleaning routine in our home:
- Don’t expect to do it all at once – Unless you hand endless hours in a day, you are not going to be able to keep on top of everything on the same day.
- Plan your cleaning attack – For me, I leave things such as deep cleaning the bathroom and kitchen until the weekend as I just can’t keep up with it during the week.
- Short bursts – If you are short on time, tackling your cleaning in short bursts is the ideal way to get through your to-do list. I find tackling this way also means I don’t feel like it is too much to do in one go. For example, before I head to work I will spend 10 minutes giving my kitchen a wipe down so I know that is ready for dinner preparation in the evening.
- Set your daily tasks – In this house we have 2 kids and 2 dogs so there are some things that need doing daily, for me this is making the beds, hoovering and at least 1 load of washing. Once you get into a routine you can usually get these tasks done pretty quick as you are on top of them.
- Tackle the pests – If you find you are battling little pests, make sure you take care of them and quickly. https://www.pestcontrolexperts.com/exterminator/louisiana/ are able to come out quickly and help you deal with the situation. Sometimes there are things that you need to leave to the professionals and this is one of those times!
You are able to find cleaning planners and schedules if it is something you think you would benefit from. For me personally, I know that I have to do certain things at certain points such as washing bedding etc at the weekend, it is all a matter of just getting into a routine that suits you. Once you get started, it will become second nature almost as part of the new routine.