#AD – Collaborative post
Interior design can change the feel and impact of any room. What I love about it most though is the fact that everyone’s vision can be different. Your personality and eye for detail can make any room come to life. I have always found that some people like to be a little reserved about their choices, but why? Your home is the perfect place to represent you, bring your personality to life in each room.
If you are looking to revamp your home or maybe are about to take your first steps onto the property ladder but are unsure where to start. Here are my top 5 tips on creating a visual impact with interior design.
- Don’t be afraid of colour – Everyone’s colour palette of choice varies but when it comes to your home, don’t be afraid. You need to create a space that you love and if that means big bold colours, then go for it! Personally, I like to use bold colours as an impact statement in artwork and soft furnishings as that is my preference. Let your personality show in your home.
- Get creative – If you are looking for something a little more unique, why not get creative? You can design your own artwork for example to suit your own taste. Using things such as different colours, prints and maybe fonts such as these tattoo fonts online. The artwork you create would be completely personalised for you and your home. There are more and more stores that sell art and craft supplies, so this option doesn’t need to break the bank.
- Look for inspiration – If you are unsure where to get started, don’t be afraid to get inspiration from others. There is a whole host of amazing bloggers and websites that can help inspire you. My personal favourite is Pinterest, there is just so many themes, designs and colour combos to see. It really is a great place to get started.
- Start small – If you are considering going for an impact colour or pattern but are unsure, why not start small. Starting with either a feature wall or soft furnishings allows you to visualise the impact that will have on the room a little better. This then gives you time to work out if this design is right for you and something you love.
- Go big or go home – Sometimes with designs you need to go big or go home when it comes to making a visual impact. If you are going to go with a bold design, trust your gut on how it will turn out. It doesn’t mean it is always going to be perfect but there is nothing stopping you from changing it again should it not be perfect.
Interior design can be a funny thing, not everyone is going to like all the styles and designs. That is ok though, in your home the design is for you. Make that visual impact in a way that you love and make yourself fall in love with your home again. After all, we’ve all spent so much time in our homes lately, why not love it!